Thursday, February 19, 2009

From Carol Stringer

Since Robert and I have lived in Florida all these years, we often did not get to see the family as much as everyone who lived in and around Birmingham. Jim and Mary Helen were living in Memphis, and heard that Robert and I were going to be visiting friends in Tupelo, Mississippi. It was January and the weather was cold and rainy. Jim and Mary Helen drove from Memphis to Tupelo, and joined us at the home of PeeWee Warren, a man who used to be Robert’s warehouse manager in Tampa. Pee Wee and his wife Minnie had a nice house and lots of little kids…..they were all excited we were visiting. Pee Wee said he was going to cook us dinner on his barbeque grill. As we sat in the living room, Pee Wee brought the dinner in and it was barbequed rabbit! Jim didn’t miss a beat (I’m not sure what Mary Helen did but I remember I did NOT eat the rabbit)! I know that Jim drove all the way back to Memphis that night. Robert and I talked about how wonderful he was to drive all that way to see us, and drag Mary Helen along, too! Jim always made a great effort to see us whenever we were visiting, and it meant (and still means) a lot to us!

And now for a few sentimental thoughts………Jim, you are so special to all your family. I am grateful for your caring ways, your sense of humor and your loving advice to our daughters, Layne and Stephanie. And we share a mutual love of coffee with half ‘n half!!! Happy, happy 65th Birthday! I wish you many more healthy, happy years! Love, Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment