Thursday, February 19, 2009

From David and Sharon

Virginia can verify this. It was Christmas a few years ago when we first noticed a different side of our otherwise wonderful brother, Jimbo. Virginia, Jim and I were discussing an incident which happened one day when we all lived at home during our dinner meal. I'm sure some of you have heard this before. We lived in Tuscaloosa. We were so poor, when we had porkchops, there was only enough for each family member to have one. (this story is so long I'm switching to text language) Anyway, we were beginning to pass around the food. Our phone rang and it was our long winded Aunt Martha in Florida calling. Mom answered the phone and held quite a long conversation with her. When she got back to the table, her porkchop had been eaten by someone.

Well, during our discussion about it at this Christmas Party at Jim's house a couple of years ago when a side of Jim we had never seen popped (pun) up. Like I said, Jim, Va., and I were discussing the story or maybe Jim was telling it to someone and Va., and I were standing nearby. Jim told the story and told that it happened in Talladega, not Tuscaloosa. Va., interrupted Jim to say it happened when we lived in Tusc. Jim looked over her kinda stern and said, " I was there Virginia, I should know where it happened!" This kinda startled us and caught us by surprise as Va., and I both knew it happened in Tusc. After he said this and the tone he used was kinda stern, we just laughed at him as this was our first encounter with Jim's dementia, old age or what ever you want to call it. You had to be there. We were shocked. It was FUNNY. We never told him or corrected him.

No comments:

Post a Comment