Thursday, February 26, 2009

From Laura Russell

Dad-
I tried to think of some funny stories of you from when I was growing up, but most of them involved me being in trouble, so I probably won't bring those up... Some of my fondest memories are of you when you had the leads in the All Saints Episcopal plays, specifically Mr Banks in Mary Poppins, the guy who runs the orphanage in Oliver, and Captain Von Trapp in The Sound of Music, which is still my all time favorite movie.

Through the years, you've not only been a great dad, but also a great role model, driving instructor, lender, financial planner, mover, co-worker, singer, alarm clock, electrcian, car repairman, lawyer, tax preparer, chef (including green eggs and ham on Saturdays and more than a few suprises in my lunch sack in elementary school, including pigs feet and frogs legs) and most recently, a great landlord, babysitter and grandfather.

Thanks for all you do- I can only hope my next husband is as great with you, but with a lot more money! Haha!

Love, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment