Wednesday, February 4, 2009

From Malinda Snow

Here's a little story about Jim. I am a Sacred Harp singer, and I tend to be quite free with my enthusiasm for this activity. I tell everybody I meet about singing. There's no escaping it. When we were in a foyer group together Jim patiently listened to me carry on about singing, and he actually came to a singing. Most people listen politely and go on about their business, but he really came, and he sang. He stayed all day, participating in every way, talking with people and joining in. It made me feel good to be able to introduce "my friend Jim" to the other singers. I am grateful to Jim for showing interest and being willing not only to take the time but to try something new. Not everyone is patient enough, or flexible enough, to do that.

Happy Birthday, Jim.

No comments:

Post a Comment